CLEVELAND, April 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion Energy Ohio, in partnership with the American Red Cross, is holding Preparedness Day on Saturday, April 6, 2019, at nine Ohio area premier malls and other retail locations. The goal is teaching participants the importance of being "Red Cross Ready" in the event of a disaster.
Red Cross and Dominion Energy volunteers will distribute first aid kits between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., or until supplies are exhausted. Trained Red Cross and Dominion Energy volunteers will administer a five-minute pre-test and post-test to determine participants' safety and emergency preparedness knowledge. Participants will receive a free first aid kit, sponsored by Dominion Energy. The kits include such safety supplies as gauze, bandages, hand sanitizer, a cold pack and useful emergency information.
Media Opportunity: Volunteers from the Red Cross and Dominion Energy will be on site from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., or until kit supplies are exhausted, at these locations:
- Ashtabula Walmart – 3551 North Ridge Road E, Ashtabula, Ohio 44004
- Chief's Supermarket – 890 South Cable Road, Lima, Ohio 45805
- Eastwood Mall/Niles – 5555 Youngstown-Warren Rd., Niles, Ohio 44446
- Starwood Retail – Great Northern Mall – 4954 Great Northern Blvd., North Olmsted, Ohio 44070
- Starwood Retail – Belden Village/ Canton – 4230 Belden Village St. NW, Canton, Ohio 44718
- New Towne Mall/ New Philadelphia – 400 Mill Ave. SE, Suite C8, New Philadelphia, OH 44663
- Stow Walmart – 3520 Hudson Drive, Stow, OH 44224
- University Heights Target – 14070 Cedar Road, University Heights, Ohio 44118
- Walmart - 3883 Burbank Road, Wooster, Ohio 44691
SOURCE Dominion Energy Ohio
For further information: American Red Cross, Jim McIntyre, Tel: 216-213-4670; Dominion Energy Ohio, Neil Durbin, Phone 216-780-0172